Sweet Update #18
- LinkedIn is looking to help professionals and businesses better prepare for coming industry shifts with its new LinkedIn Learning Hub.
- Facebook has added a new data portability option, with the capacity to transfer posts and notes to third-party platforms (I.e Google Docs, Wordpress, etc).
- Facebook is looking to expand engagement around specific topics, with new recommendations in feeds.
- Facebook's announced a set of new video ad options, including the first stage of Instagram Reels ads.
- Instagram is working on new features which will enable users to block those who repeatedly harass them via DMs.
- Instagram has published the first edition of its new 'Instagram Insider' digital magazine, highlighting key content trends and influential creators.
- Twitter has added a new option to Fleets which enables users to add a background visual to their Fleet frame.
- Twitter now supports 4K image uploads in both its Android and iOS apps.
- Twitter is working on new profile buttons for its coming 'Super Follow' and tipping options.
- Parent company Alphabet has provided an overview of YouTube's growing ad business in its latest earnings report - sharing a 49% jump in ad revenue as video consumption leads the charge in user behavior.
- YouTube is testing new timed comment displays within video playback to provide more context.