Sweet Update #19
- Facebook's independent Oversight Board has upheld the platform's suspension of former US President Donald Trump.
- Facebook is launching its new 'Neighborhoods' local connection tool to all users in Canada as part of a broader expansion of the tool.
- Facebook's launching a test of new warning prompts when users attempt to share an article that they haven't opened and read.
- Facebook has launched the first test of its new audio rooms among users in Taiwan.
- Instagram is testing another way to clarify when users have shared a feed post to Stories via a 'reshared' sticker.
- Instagram has added a new 'Pronouns' field on user profiles which enables people to better signify their chosen gender identity.
- Twitter is rolling out a new image display, which will show full-sized images within user timelines.
- Twitter has launched a live test of on-profile tipping for selected creators, called Tip Jar.
- Twitter will reportedly be re-opening public applications for profile verification from next week.
- Twitter is working on new folders within its Bookmarks section, which will enable users to save tweets into separate categories.
- Twitter is reportedly working on a new tiered subscription model with new tweet features - which could end up netting a lot of extra cash for the company.
- YouTube is expanding its TikTok-like Shorts tool to all US users.
- YouTube has launched a new, $100 million fund to pay Shorts creators, while it's also added some new creative tools to the option.
- YouTube is expanding access to its new video 'Clips' features, which enables users to share small snippets from eligible videos.