Sweet Update #3
- After releasing audio clips in tweets back in June, Twitter is now also testing audio DMs with some users.
- YouTube has announced that it's bringing its TikTok-like 'Shorts' function to users in India.
- Facebook has added a new co-watching feature to Messenger, providing another way to keep people connected around common interests.
- After recently launching a dedicated Reels tab on the home screen in India, Instagram is now looking to add the same in all regions where Reels is available.
- Instagram warns of major impacts to ad targeting as a result of Apple's iOS 14 update, which gives users a prompt before allowing an app / website to track them.
- As part of a broader effort to improve its caption options, Facebook has now added automated closed captions for IGTV uploads.