Sweet Update #4
- LinkedIn is giving its platform a new look, and giving all users access to its Stories functionality.
- Twitter has expanded the availability of audio tweets, while it continues to work on improving accessibility of the option.
- With US President Donald Trump contracting COVID-19, Twitter has been forced to reiterate its rules against wishing harm or violence against others
- YouTube will age-restrict more content as an expansion of its machine learning process to classify the content of video uploads.
- YouTube is adding some new voter awareness prompts to related searches in the lead up to the US Presidential Election.
- Facebook threatens to leave Europe due to proposed new data-sharing regulations.
- Facebook has announced an expansion of its Rights Manager tool, which will now detect image copyright violations across Facebook and Instagram.
- Facebook is testing a new listing of hashtag usage metrics within the post composer, providing more context of the broader on-platform discussion.
- Facebook is removing its restrictions on ads which include too much text in the main ad image.
- Instagram has announced some new updates for its TikTok-like Reels functionality, including longer clips and improved video editing tools.