Sweet Update #8
- Twitter is dialing back the roll-out of its new Fleets function due to system issues in handling the increased usage load.
- Twitter is expanding its warning pop-ups on tweets which include disputed claims.
- Twitter says that it's looking to re-open account verification, but it's looking for community input into what its new guidelines should be.
- YouTube has announced new rules around monetization of content not in the YouTube Partner Program.
- Facebook has released the latest version of its Community Standards Enforcement Report, which now includes a specific section on the prevalence of hate speech.
- Facebook is partnering with the Better Business Bureau to combat scammers looking to dupe Facebook users over the holiday period.
- Facebook has signed an exclusive deal to broadcast the Indian cricket team's latest tour of Australia, which could help boost Watch viewership in India.
- Instagram has added some new revenue opportunities (branded content) for creators, which could help Reels stars, in particular, generate better deals.
- Instagram is testing a new FAQ option for business accounts to help brands provide quick responses to common customer queries.